PIA’s “Best of the Best Workplaces in the Americas” (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Helping our friends and neighbors…
The DISC team donated nearly 900 pounds of food and over $500 to Island Cares – The Harry Chapin Food Bank. Founded by the late singer/song writer Harry Chapin, Long Island Cares brings together all available resources for the benefit of the hungry and food insecure on Long Island.
During the 2016 holiday season, the DISC team stepped up and supported the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program in which donors give joy to a child in need during the holiday season. This year, our employees fulfilled the wishes of 35 children!
Community Service: Team DISC joins the MS 5k Run/Walk at Jones Beach New York on Saturday, May 16th.
Thank you to Disc employees, family and friends, who generously donated to this worthy cause! As a result, we achieved our goal and raised over $2,500 for the National MS Society. Despite the rain TEAM DISC was front and center at the event recognizing every step gets us closer to a cure.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS. More than 2.1 million people are affected by MS worldwide.
As we have done for the past 10-years our employees have responded to the urgent call for blood donations. During this time we’ve donated nearly 700 pints of blood, which has helped close the gap during critical times of the year. Please support your local blood bank…every drop counts!
Since 2010 we’ve raised thousands for the American Heart Association through our Go Red campaigns, and 2015 is no exception. Help support heart disease research and education, and help save a life!
We are very proud of all that we have achieved.
- 2011 Long Island Green Leader designation from Newday’s GreenStreetLI Program
- 2007 Converting Innovators Community Service Award for our “doing well by doing good” program
- Significant annual pledges raised for United Way of Long Island; recipient of “Best New Campaign” award in 2005-2006
- Best Buddies of New York’s annual Charity Golf Outing sponsor – more than $140,000 raised
- Semi-annual Blood Drives hosted by DISC for Long Island community
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Program – our employees donate wrapped gifts for children in need in Suffolk County, New York
- Annual “Go Red” Campaign (American Heart Association)
- More than 500 lbs. of food donated to Long Island Cares food bank; DISC is a designated food drop-off site, allowing the general public to drop off food at DISC during regular business hours.
- Annual American Diabetes Association Walk-a-thon (top team fundraiser in Suffolk County in 2006)