Origins Plantscription™ Anti-aging Cream
Create a display to introduce this new skincare product and make it interactive and easily accessible so that consumers can touch and feel the display components. The client also wanted to use natural materials to emphasize the organic nature of its product and liked the look and feel of paperboard. Unlike most retail displays for a product launch, this counter display was designed to have a long shelf life of potentially more than 3 months.
DISC created a display whose main tray is a series of laminated SBS paperboard supported by wooden dowel legs. Cavities were cut into the tray to hold a product booklet and a Petri dish containing skin-like material. The face on the display illustrates a before and after look, accentuated by applying a textured coating on the “before” side and soft touch coating on the “after” side. Consumers could actually feel the difference.
- 28 layers of 24-point SBS paperboard, laminated together
- Wooden dowels with rubber bumpers for display legs
- E-flute corrugate shippers with internal partitions
- Offset Lithography
- 4-color process with overall aqueous coating
- Spot textured and soft touch coatings on the skin-like material
Because the display is predominantly paperboard, it can be placed in the store's recycling bin with other paper waste.
- 2011 National Paperboard Packaging Competition Judges' Award