DISC has an impressive palette of decorative effects that create excitement, value and brand differentiation. These graphic treatments are part of the in-house services that we provide to companies in all markets. Some are applied in-line during our printing operation. Others are part of separate specialized processes.
Our current choices in decorative effects include:
A variety of sensory effects are achievable just by changing one or more elements in the mix.
- New ink formulas add luster, sheen, mood, and extra “pop” – pearlescent, metallic, fluorescent, glow-in-the-dark, heat and photo-sensitive, scented, custom pigments – the list goes on
Unique coatings provide a variety of aesthetic experiences:
- Luminous pearlescent appearance
- Smooth and subtle DISC “Soft Feel” suppleness
- Gritty or sandpaper-rough textures
- Reticulating patterns
- Water drop and blood splatter coating liquidity
- Shimmery glitter and sparkle
Special substrates with their own individual stamp give packaging new life:
- Foil or mylar-laminated board in various colors and patterns – from fine textured to geometrics to holography
- Simulated leather and fabric coated board
- Clear, translucent and solid plastics
- Eco-friendly options like DISCover Green Paper
- Novelty paper and board
These 3-D effects can be used alone or in combination to create upscale sophistication or clever playfulness.
- Graphics emphasized with embossing or de-bossing
- Blind embossing on a solid or unprinted ground
- Multi-level and deep sculpted embossing
- Combination embossing and foil stamping effects
- Hot foil stamping in a variety of foil leaf metallics and colors as well as transparent foil
- Innovative in-line cold foil stamping – a thin, silver foil leaf overprinted with up to 6 ink colors or a combination of inks and coating – a NEW versatile, cost-effective option from DISC
Some unique decorative effects are in a class all their own.
Lenticular Graphics add visual impact, fun and excitement in unusual ways. Created by the combination of digital images with specially designed plastic lenticular lens, they fool the eye and engage the imagination with unique animation.
- 3-D illusions of distance, depth and motion
- Flip – two or more images flip back and forth to provide before & after or cause & effect
- Morphing – two or more unrelated images gradually transform into one another
- Zoom – objects seem to move from foreground to background
- Light & Sound bring a package to life and add an element of surprise. L.E.D. light and sound chips can be applied to the inside of a package as an attention grabber or a security feature.
Our highly skilled craftspeople are adept at applying sharp die-cut windows and intricately “carved” design motifs when the situation calls for it. We have the most advanced, automated technology available to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality controls every step of the way.
See Equipment List for more information.